Many of the youth in our programs are living in food insecure households. This means that they have limited or uncertain access to food while at home. Our goal for these programs is to address the ongoing community need for fresh produce, while providing an educational and entrepreneurial outlet for the children and youth in our care. Our programs will provide an on-going opportunity for emotional, physical, mental and social growth of its participants. These programs will work to:
- Build self-esteem, self-awareness and overall awareness of others.
- Promote team building and positive peer behavior as participants will work together on community projects.
- Enhance a sense of responsibility as plants will rely on participants to care for them.
- Improve critical thinking, reading and comprehension skills.
- Increase the use of fine and gross motor skills.
- Provide education on healthful foods and nutrition.